The next installment of G-Love features Los Angeles-based producer and Perfect Driver Music label boss, Matthew Anthony.
A west coast favorite, Perfect Driver Records have released an array of big tunes since 2012; artists like Denney, Billy Kenny, KE, Mark Starr, Sage Armstrong, Fritz Carlton, and Treasure Fingers have contributed to the splendid catalogue.
Matthew Anthony has been a friend of MI4L since the early years so we’re happy feature him today. Enjoy!
Download, tracklist, and interview below…
>> DOWNLOAD <<
01. Matthew Anthony – Party Boy (Famous Glasses Mix)
02. Tuff London – Ham Bone (Original Mix)
03. Double 99 – Ripgroove (My Friend Peo’s Edit)
04. ICYMI – Club Shake (Matthew Anthony Edit)
05. ZDS, KE – Picture Perfect (Original Mix)
06. SION – Where You From (Original Mix)
07. Purple Disco Machine – My House (Original Mix)
08. Freaky Behaviour – Shake Off The Dust (Original Mix)
09. Lucati – Burning Up (Original Mix)
10. Bump Ugly – Ugly (Original Mix)
11. DJ Godfather, Matthew Anthony – Girls (Original Mix)
12. Steve Darko – Pucha (Original Mix)
13. GAWP – Prime Society (Original Mix)
14. Jordan Postrel – Tried By 12 (Bootleg)
15. Elevator Musik & Steve Darko – How Weird (Original Mix)
16. Sharam Jey, Kolombo – Nonstop (Original Mix)
17. Bruno Furlan – Butterfly (Original Mix)
18. I Am Bam – Bing Bang (Original Mix)
19. Biscuits – Real Low (Billy Kenny Remix)
20. Kallendario – Bugalu (Original Mix)
21. Doug English – Hood Life (Rrotik Remix)
Interview with Matthew Anthony
How did you get into electronic music?
I grew up north of Chicago in Green Bay Wisconsin. All the DJ’s played house music. That’s how I was exposed.
Tell us about your record label.
Perfect Driver just turned 6 years old! The music is influenced by Booty, Breaks, Bass, House and Tech House but I usually describe our sound as house music with extra bass. I’m grateful to all the artists who have contributed over the years and all the DJs playing our music. It’s what keeps me moving forward each day.
If you could work with anyone, who would it be?
Claude VonStroke is one of my favorite artists. A great producer and has proven himself as strong leader, creating a movement in dance music with his label, Dirtybird. I look up to him (literally and figuratively) so he’s my pick.
Top 3 Favorite tracks of all time?
Ohhh maaaan… This is an impossible question to answer for me. Sorry! Haha. I can’t decide! I have too many, but I have included the track listing to my mix I did for you! Thanks for the love and support. Anyone reading and listening, please hit me up on twitter if you dig! 🙂