Electronic Labor Day and Beatport ReConnect present ‘For Beirut’
ELD, Beatport and the international electronic music community join forces to raise funds to rebuild Beirut
Headliners include Andhim, Amelie Lens, Blond:ish, Carl Cox, Danny Howard, Dennis Ferrer, Derrick May, Kölsch, Luciano, Pete Tong, Roger Sanchez, Skream, Umek and many many more…
On September 13, 40 days of mourning, after the tragic and horrific blast that shook the Lebanese capital, Beirut,Electronic Labor Day (ELD), Beatport ReConnect, together with the international electronic music community, will join forces through the ‘For Beirut’ initiative. As international DJs from around the world spared no time in getting in touch with their friends and partners in Beirut, delivering messages of solidarity and support.
‘For Beirut’ is an initiative geared towards raising funds to support Lebanon and its people, after the fourth biggest explosion in history shook Beirut on August 4, 2020. Alongside the material damage estimated at over USD 15 billion, the livelihood of thousands of individuals and families has been diminished. Thousands have been left without homes, as parts of the city have been erased.
The electronic music fundraiser will begin at 01:58PM EEST (Beirut time) on Sunday, with a moment of silence, marking the timing of the blast, after 40 days of mourning. The minute of silence is in honor of nearly 200 victims who have lost their lives, others still buried under rubble, and all those who have been injured by the blast. The DJ sets will ensue at 2PM EEST (Beirut time) ending at 2AM EEST.
Around 100 international artists will play their sets as the stream will be broadcast across multiple rooms. Headliners include Andhim, Amelie Lens, Blond:ish, Carl Cox, Danny Howard, Dennis Ferrer, Derrick May, Kölsch, Luciano, Pete Tong, Roger Sanchez, Skream, Umek and many many more…
Funds will be distributed to three initiatives that have been leading the relief efforts:
- Beirut Emergency Fund: a coalition of Lebanese diaspora organisations, LebNet, LIFE, SEAL, Jamhour Alumni (US/Europe) and Kuwait-America Foundation, are focusing on supporting non-profit, non-governmental organisations that are working to meet the humanitarian needs among vulnerable populations impacted by the explosion in Lebanon. These include shelter, food, medical supplies, physical and mental health, as well as mitigating any environmental damage.
- Impact Lebanon who are raising funds for ongoing relief efforts through their Disaster Relief for Beirut Explosion initiative with a rigorous NGO vetting process. The most important selection criteria for the NGOs is that they are apolitical and non-sectarian, are registered and recognised, have ongoing initiatives to address the crisis and have passed an audit test.
- Bebw’shebbek now dedicated to rebuilding the doors and windows of homes that have been impacted by the explosion through a volunteering team of experts. They have already undertaken 500 homes, with a goal to fix 150 homes every month and the ultimate objective to repair 3,000 homes.
This is the second edition of Electronic Labor Day (ELD), the first taking place in May 2020, to support the nightlife non-managerial personnel who have been deeply impacted by the repercussions of COVID-19.
Beatport’s ReConnect series has been running since March and has raised over $350,000 for charities, and amassed more than 35,000,000 views.
Facebook event page: https://bit.ly/2R1sOJw
Agents of time
Eli & Fur
Musumeci b2b Lehar
OC & Verde
Waze (Waze & Odyssey)
Animal & Me
David Di Sabato
Lorenzo De Blanck
- To donate to the fundraiser, go to: www.electroniclaborday.com/donate
- You can check the full list of artists participating here: www.electroniclaborday.com/artists
- You can watch the livestream on the ELD website, Beatport Twitch and ELD Facebook Page.
- To interact on social media: